At the first-ever Appetite for the Arches event hosted by Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central Florida on March 1, over 350 guests enjoyed a chef’s event with a twist…one that had a little something to do with the Golden Arches. Chefs from thirteen of Central Florida’s finest restaurants created signature dishes using McDonald’s® ingredients. At this free-flowing event, guests mixed, mingled, and sampled the signature dishes, as well as wine pairings and signature cocktails made with McDonald’s® ingredients.
Here are the silent heroes of the evening – Orlando’s finest chefs that created an assortment of culinary delights using McDonald’s® ingredients, showcasing their creativity, skills, as well as the quality and freshness of McDonald’s ingredients.
Attendees also enjoyed live music by Undercover Bandits (totally rocking the place) and a silent auction featuring a wide variety of unique items. The event raised nearly $150,000 for the two Ronald McDonald Houses in Orlando and the families they serve.
Participating restaurants included:
- SeaWorld Orlando : Chef Hector Colon created Chicken Big Mac Crunch – Grilled Chicken, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheddar Cheese, Fritos.
- Cask & Larder : Chef James Petrakis showcased Brandade Fritter.
- The COOP : Chef John Rivers teased us with his Southern Chicken n Biscuits.
- Cuisiners Catering : Chef Jamie Mcfadden showcased Cuisiner’s Panzanella.
- The Ravenous Pig : Chef Julie Petrakis indulged us with Caramel Apple Bread Pudding.
- Eddie V’s : Chef Eric Enrique boasted Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- The Ritz-Carlton : Chef Stephane Chermay created Strawberry Shortcake.
- K Restaurant : Chef Kevin shared Chipotle Bbq Beef Enchiladas.
- The Rusty Spoon : Chef Kathleen Blake tickled us with Pimento Cheese Potato Fritters with Bacon Brittle.
- Blue Bird Bake Shop : Chefs Jeff, Joel, Josh made Strawberry Balsamic Cupcakes & Oatmeal Butterscotch Whoopie Pies.
- Luma on the Park : Chef Brandon created Coco Cola Glazed Short Ribs.
- Yardbird: Pork belly Mcgriddle Cake.
- Orlando World Center Marriott : Chef Brian made Butta Stalters – Spicy Bang Bang Arch Chicken.
Taylor Sawyer, an 18 year-old who is in his second fight with cancer, and his mother Janet, shared their story with event guests. “Ronald McDonald House is like a home away from home for us; I don’t know what we would have done without it,” said Taylor.
Families who stay at Ronald McDonald House are asked to make a small donation of $20 per night. However, 70 percent of families are unable to contribute anything towards their stay. The organization promises to never turn away anyone due to an inability to donate— a promise that is upheld thanks in part to funds raised at Appetite for the Arches.
The food was incredible, the wine and cocktails flowed, rocking music….all in all a fabulous event for a noble cause!!
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida finds, creates and supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children and families. The cornerstone program, the Ronald McDonald House®, provides a home away from home that offers comfort and care to families with children receiving treatment at local hospitals and medical facilities in Orlando. The two Ronald McDonald Houses in Orlando serve over 1,800 families each year.
A standing ovation to ALL who assisted in making Appetite for the Arches such an successful evening!!