With all the peppers I purchased for the Chili Cook-off Display (separate post coming) I didn’t have the heart to throw it. In spite of cooking 78 lbs of beef the previous 2 days, I mustered the strength to create another dish.
- 4-5 lbs meat of your choice (beef, pork, lamb, or turkey)
- Assorted Peppers (any combination) of Red/Yellow/Green Pepper, Cubanelle, Hungarian, Habenero, Jalapeno, Thai, Poblano, sliced. (I used 2 of each)
- 2 big onion chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- Fresh thyme or oregano
- 1 4oz Tomato paste
- 1 tbs cumin powder
- Cinnamon stick, Star Anise, Cloves
- Red wine vinegar or apple cider to taste
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a dutch or heavy set pan. Toss the beef in salt and pepper. Brown on all sides.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and saute till softened.
- Add all peppers, thyme, tomato paste, and cumin powder. Saute for few minutes.
- Return the beef to pan, add water to submerge the beef, boil, cover and bake in the oven for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Finish with red wine vinegar and check seasonings for salt.
- Serve warm with white or choice of rice.
Note: This dish has a bit of kick to it but not super hot. If you wish to make it extra spicy, throw in additional Thai and Habenero peppers.