To put it mildly, I for one, am obsessed with Hot Sauces. A little dash here, a mega dash there, voilà, you have extra Zing and Sparkle in your dish, be it an appetizer, brunch, or even dessert. Most of us are rather familiar with the infamous Frank’s Buffalo Sauce. In some form or other, it has adorned quite a few of our super bowl parties and more….I for one was not aware of their new line of sauces so when I got the opportunity to try their new flavors, I couldn’t resist. The two flavors I played with are FRANK’S® RedHot® Buffalo Wing Sauce and FRANK’s RedHot Sweet Chili® Sauce.
The Chicken Dip is the recipe provided by Frank’s with my twist on it. And for the Sweet Chili Sauce I created my own version of a spiked hummus. It is sweet, spicy, and savory. Both the recipes are easy to make yet bursting with bold flavors. Enjoy!
I also created a Sweet Corn Muffin with Candied Bacon using FRANK’s RedHot Sweet Chili® Sauce to illustrate the variety of Hot Sauce. However, my kids devoured them before I could take any pictures….Stay tuned for another post for these delicious sweet and spicy muffins.
These mouth-watering photographs were taken in collaboration with the talented Mr. Trung Nguyen of The Bokeh Studio. Check out his extensive portfolio and contact details for bringing the magic in your next event on his website.
FRANK’s® RedHot® Buffalo Chicken Dip
This dip recipe provided by FRANK’s® is a delicious treat for your football buddies or just because you like HOT sauce!! Here’s is my version of this recipe with some twists. Cheers!
- 8 oz. pkg. Philadelphia® cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded roast chicken
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup FRANK’S® RedHot® Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Kraft’s taco cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Place Philadelphia® cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
- MIX in salad dressing, FRANK’s® RedHot® Sauce, green onions, and cheese. Stir in chicken.
- BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
Roasted Pumpkin Hummus with FRANK’s RedHot Sweet Chili®
I relish hummus in any form. Not only is it flavorful and healthy, it compliments just about any party. Keeping up with seasonal produce, I decided to make a Roasted Pumpkin Hummus using Frank’s Sweet Chili Sauce. Frank’s sweet chili sauce is hot enough to spike the hummus and sweet enough to compliment the roasted pumpkin – a delicious marriage of flavors!
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup FRANK’s RedHot Sweet Chili® Sauce
- 1 8 oz. can chick peas, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup good quality EVOO
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Roast the pumpkin in a pre-heated 350ºF oven for 45 minutes. Cool and remove the seeds.
- Puree the pumpkin, chickpeas, garlic, and tahini in a food processor. You might need to add some water to make the hummus consistency of peanut butter.
- Stir in salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, and Frank’s sweet chili sauce. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve at room temperature with pita chips.
Disclosure Statement: “I received this product for free from Smiley360 in exchange for my honest review. You can join Smiley360 here!”