With fall around the corner, cooler temperatures and holidays are knocking at our door steps. Which means I get to whip out my baking equipment and supplies and create delectable delights to share with my family and friends. The time between Thanksgiving to the New Year, I confess is pure gluttony time. Even though I love, love holiday parties and the myriad of sweet treats associated with them, I do at times crave something sweet but light. These gorgeous lemon cupcakes kissed with pink peppercorns and raspberry are not only delicious but they serve the dual purpose of a palate cleanser too. Did I mention Lemon?
Speaking of baking, I wouldn’t be able to create even one of my family loved baked goods, if it was not for my trusted friend KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer. And this year, fall is bringing a new treat to savor. It’s sweet, crave worthy and doesn’t involve calories. Can you guess what it is? It’s the KitchenAid® Savor the Savings Event. You’ll get up to a $1000 prepaid card via mail when you purchase select KitchenAid® major appliances. This savory deal couldn’t come at a better time. Just before the holidays and the season for pumpkin desserts, your kitchen is going to need an upgrade. The sweetest part is that you’ll earn up to $1000 to spend on your grocery list, more kitchen gadgets or your holiday gift list! Shop KitchenAid®.
Lemon – Raspberry Cupcakes
Lemon brightens any day or should I say dish? After salt and pepper, lemon may be the most commonly and widely used flavoring in the culinary arts. Lemon brings a tangy flavor and vibrant aroma which in essence enhances the other flavors in a dish, kissed with the fruity flavors of pink peppercorn and raspberry jam, it’s foodgasam in each bite!
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel, divided
- 1/4 tsp pink peppercorns, crushed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 12 teaspoons seedless best quality raspberry jam (I use Sarabeth’s)
- Fresh raspberries (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. With the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, beat butter, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, and 3 teaspoons lemon peel until fluffy and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating to blend after each addition. Beat in half of flour on low speed. Add buttermilk, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and pink peppercorns, blend for 1 minute and stir in the remaining flour. Beat on medium speed until all ingredients are well combined.
- Drop 1 rounded tablespoonful batter into each muffin liner. Spoon 1 teaspoon raspberry jam over. Cover with remaining batter, dividing equally.
- Bake cupcakes until tester inserted halfway into centers comes out clean, about 18-23 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan on rack.
- Whisk remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon peel in small bowl. Spoon icing over cupcakes, top each cupcake with one raspberry and let stand until icing sets, about 30 minutes. (Recipe adapted from Bon Appetite Magazine)
Do you fancy lemon? What are some of your favorite sweet and savory dishes that include lemons? And don’t forget to mention few of your KitchenAid essentials that adorn your kitchen.
Disclosure: “Presented by Miami Innovative Media, this is a sponsored post on behalf of Sears and KitchenAid. All opinions expressed here are my own.”