Brussels Sprouts have a serious reputation of being bland and are quite unpopular amongst most kids, heck even some adults. I for one relish the nuttiness and crunch of brussels sprouts. On a mission to make my family adore these healthy bundles, I created this deceptively simple yet packed with powerful flavors recipe. Sweet, savory, and crunchy, how can you not follow in love?
End Result: My daughter snuck a few while I was out running errands. “MOM, you should receive an award for making Brussels Sprouts that actually taste GOOD“. Whew! mission accomplished!!
Brussels sprouts might not be one of the most loved vegetable, but they certainly are good for you. Rich in Vitamin C, fibre, folate, & antioxidants, it is a great reason to eat more of them.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
These little ones are roasted with thyme until brown and crisp, tossed with sweet balsamic glaze, a slight kick of pepper and sea salt, they are ready to be your number one snack that is not only supremely delicious but healthy for you. You can devour them as a snack or add it as an accompaniment to your protein dinner. Either ways, you won’t stop at one bowl.
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts, halved
- Good quality EVOO
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dry thyme or few stems fresh thyme or herbs de Provence
- 1 Tbs balsamic glaze
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss brussels sprouts with olive oil and thyme. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until browned and softened.
- Gently toss balsamic glaze to coat all the brussels sprouts. Taste seasonings for salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You won’t believe how something so easy to make could taste so good until you try it….So adorn your oven mittens friends, this one is a keeper!! Use this recipe as a canvas to create your own drool worthy flavors – truffle oil, walnuts, almonds, garlic, cinnamon, lemon….endless possibilities.